Are your pipes leaking? Many homeowners experience leaking pipes, oftentimes without any notice that there is trouble on the brink. There are many things that can cause a water leak signal hill. It is imperative to call a plumber at the first sign of a leak. Even a small leak will grow into a larger leak very quickly. You certainly don’t want to deal with these issues longer than necessary. Some of the most common causes of home water leaks include:
· Broken Seals: the seals placed around the pipes during installation can wear out. If this happens, condensation is usually the first sign, followed by puddles of water and even warm foods in the refrigerator.
· Corrosion: Rust, algae, and other types of corrosion can form on the pipe as they begin to age. When this happens, you’ll usually notice discolored water. You should not delay a call to a plumber in such an event.
· Tree Roots: Invading tree roots in the piping system is a common complaint of many homeowners who are experiencing leaks.
· Clogged Lines: An obstruction within your piping system is a cause of water leaks as well as inconvenience. Additionally, such a problem can cause the pipes to burst if they become too powerful for the piping system.
· Water Pressure: High water pressure is nice when taking a shower, but it certainly causes strain on the pipes. This excess strain can cause the pipes to leak or to burst. Call a professional to check out the water pressure in your plumbing system.
· Temperature Changes: Rapid, unexpected changes in temperature, whether hot or cold, causes the pipes to expand and contrast, which can cause cracks in the pipes that lead to leaks and many other problems.
These are some of the most common causes of leaks in your home pipe system. Call a plumber if you suspect a leak.